David Bazan is off on another jaunt of a 40+ house concert tour. Last night’s show at the McKenzie Study Center at Gutenberg College wasn’t technically a “house,” but it still had that living room feel.
He showed up a tad late, but after quickly setting up, he entertained a few questions and then kicked into his set…
Setlist: about 75 minutes
- Q&A #1
- Hot Girls [Headphones]
- Fewer Broken Pieces
- Big Trucks [Pedro the Lion]
- Man In Me [Bob Dylan]
- Q&A #2
- “I write it down for what it’s worth” [new song, no title mentioned]
- Hard To Be
- Shit Talker [Headphones]
- Q&A #3
- Wolves At The Door
- Selling Advertising
- Of Minor Prophets and Their Prostitute Wives [Pedro the Lion]
- Q&A #4
- The Fleecing [Pedro the Lion]
- Cold Beer and Cigarettes
- Q&A #5
- Strange Negotiations
Some Bazan-related news…
1) His newest side-project Overseas is up for pre-order now. If you pre-order it, you get a download of the full album immediately. I got it a couple weeks ago, and I dig it. Overseas is David Bazan, Will Johnson, Matt Kadane and Bubba Kadane…. and in the 2nd Q&A I asked if they were going to tour. He said that they will likely do a limited set of dates: a few Texas dates, New York area dates, and then a limited West Coast run (LA, SF, Portland, Seattle).
2) On this tour, though he didn’t have them available last night, is a art print that comes with a download code for a Covers EP. He didn’t have them last night, but noted that we could buy it online (soon) without shipping fees. He should have them soon on some of the other dates on this tour. He mentioned the Bob Dylan cover, Radiohead’s “Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box,” and a few others will be included.
The Appropriate Linkage:
- David Bazan’s Site
- David Bazan’s Social Media Links (see below)
- My Other Related Reviews~
This was his second date of this tour… check out more tour dates below (sorry, many are already sold out).
Next show for me… Infected Mushroom at McDonald Theater (4/25).
David Bazan – Spring 2013 House Show Tour
04/23/13 Tue – Portland OR – SOLD OUT
04/24/13 Wed – Eugene OR – SOLD OUT
04/25/13 Thu – Redding CA
04/26/13 Fri – Sacramento CA – SOLD OUT
04/27/13 Sat – San Francisco CA – SOLD OUT
04/28/13 Sun – Hollister CA
04/29/13 Mon – OFF
04/30/13 Tue – Los Angeles CA – SOLD OUT
05/01/13 Wed – Costa Mesa CA – SOLD OUT
05/02/13 Thu – Riverside CA – SOLD OUT
05/03/13 Fri – San Diego CA – SOLD OUT
05/04/13 Sat – Tucson AZ – SOLD OUT
05/05/13 Sun – Phoenix AZ – SOLD OUT
05/06/13 Mon – OFF
05/07/13 Tue – Graham TX
05/08/13 Wed – San Antonio TX – SOLD OUT
05/09/13 Thu – Houston TX – SOLD OUT
05/10/13 Fri – Baton Rouge LA
05/11/13 Sat – New Orleans LA – SOLD OUT
05/12/13 Sun – OFF
05/13/13 Mon – Orlando FL – SOLD OUT
05/14/13 Tue – Jacksonville FL – SOLD OUT
05/15/13 Wed – Augusta GA – SOLD OUT
05/16/13 Thu – Atlanta GA – SOLD OUT
05/17/13 Fri – Columbus GA
05/18/13 Sat – Birmingham AL – SOLD OUT
05/19/13 Sun – Memphis TN
05/20/13 Mon – OFF
05/21/13 Tue – St Louis MO – SOLD OUT
05/22/13 Wed – Kansas City MO – SOLD OUT
05/23/13 Thu – Tulsa OK – SOLD OUT
05/24/13 Fri – Oklahoma City OK – SOLD OUT
05/25/13 Sat – Lubbock TX
05/26/13 Sun – Los Alamos NM
05/27/13 Mon – Prescott AZ
05/28/13 Tue – Las Vegas NV
05/29/13 Wed – OFF
05/30/13 Thu – Davis CA
05/31/13 Fri – Chico CA – SOLD OUT
06/01/13 Sat – Phoenix OR (Medford)
06/02/13 Sun – Portland OR – SOLD OUT
Sorry for the late announcement, as the deadline approaches… but…
Seeking photography that features live music performance, musicians, music festivals or concerts for exhibit in the Aperture Gallery located in the Erb Memorial Union at the University of Oregon.
The exhibit, which runs 5/8/2013 – 5/19/2013, will coincide with the Willamette Valley Music Festival May 11, 2013.
Please submit up to five (5) .jpg images, with original dimensions, for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4/25/2013.
Seeking independent album art and concert posters from west coast bands, promoters or venues from 1990 and later for an exhibit at the Buzz Coffeehouse Gallery in the Erb Memorial Union at the University of Oregon.
Please submit pdf or jpg images of posters, with original dimensions, to email@example.com by 4/25/2013
Accepted works will be reproduced and installed by the UO Cultural Forum during the Willamette Valley Music Festival May 11, 2013, in the Buzz Pub Stage Area.
The exhibit will run 5/10/2013 – 5/22/2013
One of two shows on Sunday night in Portland, Prince & 3rd Eye Girl definitely wowed Roseland Theater for the 8pm show… here’s what he played…
- Let’s Go Crazy
- Plectrum Electrum
- She’s Always in My Hair
- I Like It There
- I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
- Colonized Mind
- Encore 1: 2 Young 2 Dare
- Cause and Effect
- Encore 2: Purple Rain
Prelim setlist based on prince.org forums. Not necessarily complete or in order. If you have corrections or more complete info, please let me know!
I have so much more respect for Prince as a musician and guitarist. He puts on an amazing show… and totally shreds, too!
For the 11pm show, check out setlist.fm.
PHOTOS: Booker T Jones, Charlie Hunter & Carlton Jackson @ Soul’d Out Music Fest (Dante’s, Portland – 4/14/13)
The first time ever playing together, Booker T Jones (keys, voice, guitar), Charlie Hunter (guitar magic) and Carlton Jackson (drums) ripped up a 70 minute set at the Soul’d Out Music Festival last night at Dante’s in Portland. Booker T. actually played on many of, if not all of, the studio recordings of the classics played last night… such a legend!!
Here are some photos and the setlist:
Setlist: ~70 minutes
- Hip Hug-Her
- Melting Pot
- Born Under a Bad Sign (Albert King cover)
- Green Onions
- Oh Pretty Woman (Albert King cover)
- Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door (Bob Dylan cover)
- (Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay (Otis Redding cover)
- Take Me to the River (Al Green cover)
- Ain’t No Sunshine (Bill Withers cover)
- Time Is Tight
- I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (Otis Redding cover)
- Encore: Unknown (by me)
The Appropriate Linkage:
- Booker T. Jones’ Site
- Charlie Hunter’s Site
- Carlton Jackson’s Site
- My Other Related Reviews/Photos~
- Dante’s Site / Facebook / Twitter
- Soul’d Out Music Festival’s Site / Facebook