RECIPE: Framboise Cranberry Relish
Framboise Cranberry Relish
This recipe is modified from Lisa Morrison’s recipe for “Cranbeer-y Relish” that appears in The Christmas Table: Recipes and Crafts to Create Your Own Holiday Tradition by Diane Morgan.
Judging by the cover, the book doesn’t look too vegetarian/vegan friendly, but this Relish recipe is definitely a gem and super easy. Note: my modification is the addition of blueberries and a pinch of salt.
makes about 2 1/4 cups
- 12 ounce bottle Lindemans’ Framboise Lambic beer (or other suitable fruity lambic)
- 10-12 ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup finely diced crystallized (candied) ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- In a deep four-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the beer to a boil.
- Add the cranberries, blueberries, ginger, sugar, and salt. Adjust the heat so the mixture simmers and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the cranberries & blueberries have popped open, about 10-15 minutes. You can assist the fruit by pushing against them and the side of the saucepan with a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate in a covered jar or container until ready to serve. The relish can be made up to 10 days in advance.
This is a mainly music-based blog. If you stumbled in on a recipe search, check out my other recipes, like vegan biscuits & gravy, spiced biscotti, vegan cactus chili, vegan bananas foster, mushroom dumpling stew, strawberry cornbread muffins, fruit spring rolls, grilled coconut-rum pineapple, vegetarian s’mores pouches, pumpkin-infused vodka cocktail, creamy vegan chocolate pudding, cute olive penguins, raw blueberry cheesecake, Jónsi and Alex’s raw vegan pies at THIS LINK.