Home > Movies & Television > Mike Patton as a Decepticon

Mike Patton as a Decepticon

6th Apr 09 (Mon) Leave a comment Go to comments

Thanks to Stubbadub for rescooping the MovieWeb scoop, because otherwise I wouldn’t have heard about it…

Apparently Mike Patton is confirmed as being the voice of a Decepticon in the upcoming sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.  He will be one of the seven pieces that form Devastator, likely Mixmaster.  For more info, check out the MovieWeb post.

Meh, I don’t know much about Transformers mythology, but I guess I’ll at least Redbox the movie when it comes out simply due to Mike Patton’s involvement.  He’s been getting a lot of movie-related gigs lately… Firecracker, Will Smith’s I Am Legend, A Perfect Place score, and the Crank 2 soundtrack (out soon).  This year also “promises” another Fantômas record, the debut of Mondo Cane (Mike’s 50s Italian-pop band), at least one more John Zorn/Moonchild Trio collaboration, and maybe even Crudo (the Dan the Automator collaboration).

It may be a banner Patton year, if everything gets legs underneath…

~Dan – np: Buckethead & Viggo MortensenThis That and the Other

1. 6th Apr 09 (Mon) at 6:35 pm

i used to have the set as a kid :)

• 6th Apr 09 (Mon) at 7:54 pm

Yeah, I used to have some as a kid, too… Devastator doesn’t ring a bell, though… :)

2. Theocrates
    10th Apr 09 (Fri) at 8:09 am

Devastator was a giant transformer deceptacon made from the component parts of the “Destructocons,” who were a bunch of construction vehicles.

I never heard of this Patton guy before, so I looked him up on Youtube. What a way to make a living he’s got! I watched a video of him doing some skeet-skat routine as the Tasmanian Devil, or something.

“So, what do you do for a living?”

“Uh, I yell.”

“You mean you’re an auctioneer?”

“no, I just yell. It’s really fulfilling.”

• 10th Apr 09 (Fri) at 1:06 pm

I’m sure I played some of his mroe “accessible” stuff while driving around Dayton. He was in the band Faith No More (“Epic” was popular), and he was also in Mr Bungle and is in tons of other side projects. In fact, I particularly remember us listening to “Goodbye Sober Day” from Mr Bungle’s California, b/c we were making fun of his “vomit” background vocals in one of the verses or bridge.

But, yeah, he’s got a good gig, making noise that people like me buy.

3. Theocrates
    17th Apr 09 (Fri) at 12:40 pm

I remember that, too. I don’t recall hearing his name, though. There’s probably a ton of cool stuff I heard when hanging out with you that just didn’t register. I remember listening to Radiohead with you and thinking, “this is weird.” But now I’m into them.

4. UFC betting
    18th Apr 09 (Sat) at 2:58 am

Interesting article, nice design, i have bookmarked it for the future referrence

1. No trackbacks yet.