Home > Art, Music News > This is… AWESOME.

This is… AWESOME.

22nd Oct 08 (Wed) Leave a comment Go to comments

I was gonna post a blog about a reminder about Orange Tulip Conspiracy‘s upcoming West Coast tour, Opeth and wrapping their latest video, or Will Ferrell and his George W. Bush stage production, or Wynton Marsalis on the Colbert Report, or a too cute for school puppy, or Kevin Smith doing a space film next… but it ALL got sidetracked due to this amazing new album cover (thanks EW blog):

Animal Collective‘s Merriweather Post Pavilion (due out Jan. 20, 2009)

THIS is NOT an animated GIF. It’s a regular, 1-layer jpeg.  I downloaded it and it doesn’t have any funky layering going on.  It’s all a trick of the eyes…

Wicked cool.

~Dan – np: VidyAVidyA

1. 22nd Oct 08 (Wed) at 10:28 pm

Wow…that could give me a headache if i look at it long enough.

…kinda like Animal Collective. [/wiseass]

Marsalis on TCR was kind of a dick though, no? Obviously he wasn’t in on the joke that is Colbert’s on-air personality, but he still managed to be…kind of dick-ish. I mean, the guy’s an amazing musician, but, lighten up, dude. Even serious jazz guys can have fun sometimes.

2. 23rd Oct 08 (Thu) at 6:05 am

I don’t know Animal Collective’s music… so, I can’t really respond. [/non-wiseass]

Re: Wynton, yeah. I like his music, but outside of a few jabs at Colbert, most of his attempts at humor didn’t hit.

3. 24th Oct 08 (Fri) at 6:07 am
  4. Kellon
    8th Nov 08 (Sat) at 9:53 pm

You question Wynton’s behavior, but I would have personally acted the same. Wynton did not seem humored because Colbert here was questioning and attempting to make fun of the music that Wynton is trying to enlighten people about, a music that is dying in this nation because people would rather listen to “rap” music that “has a cool beat” that really a 3 year old could play on pots and pans. I understand that Colbert was just doing his job and just making some jokes on the subject, but if some one pokes fun at something that your passionate about and you love, as Wynton is about jazz music, it’s hard to laugh back. For example, if some person were to invite you to their house, with a few people over, and poke fun at your sickly grandmother, which you have worked so hard to pay the hospital bills for, whilst the other people in the room laugh and giggle at the situation….How do you react? Now, it doesn’t take a genius to compare those two situations.

5. 8th Nov 08 (Sat) at 10:56 pm

I assume this was aimed at commenter #1 (Steve) and not me.

I only questioned Wynton’s attempts at humor. :)

6. Kellon
    9th Nov 08 (Sun) at 4:23 pm

Yes, it was. I simply didn’t appreciate the name Wynton was called. Sorry if that seemed aimed at you, Posty. =)

7. 9th Nov 08 (Sun) at 4:28 pm

No prob. Steve can be cantankerous now and again.

Re: Wynton… I wish I had gone to see him this past summer. He swung through Southern Oregon, but it was 3 hours away on a busy weekend for me. Maybe he’ll swing by the (closer) Portland sometime soon.

1. No trackbacks yet.