Palin(g) in Comparison
To the Hillary supporters who for some reason don’t like Barack Obama…
Don’t Vote for McCain simply because he chose a woman. I know that may seem like an unlikely alternative, and I know that we’re all smarter than that…
But there are rumors and rumors of rumors that some Hillary-likers (now maybe undecideds) are switching over to the crotchety side simply due to his choice of a woman…
Sarah Palin is not an alternative to Hillary. She’s actually quite the opposite.
- She doesn’t believe in teaching sex education in schools. She believes in abstinence only sex education. Her 17–year old daughter is pregnant. Hmm… yeah, not teaching kids about condom use really works… 100% of the time that they don’t have sex. Of course, it works zero percent of the time when they do have sex.
- She wants creationism (i.e.- religion…) taught in public schools (…as science). So… she believes the earth was formed around 4,000 B.C. – – which is roughly 4,000 years after the agricultural revolution occurred in Mesopotamia. Oh, and it all started with two people, a snake who knew (presumably) excellent Hebrew, and an apple that a supernatural being didn’t want these two people to eat. Yes, let’s give her the 2nd position in power.
- She also believes that the founding fathers (of the U.S.) fully intended for “Under God” to be in the Pledge of Allegiance. Um… the founding fathers were long dead in the 1950s. They were (mostly) deists, not (mostly) Christians, and they had nothing to do with the “Under God” in the pledge or the “In God We Trust” on the currency. That all happened in the 1950s as a reactionary move of congress during McCarthy’s anti-communism witch hunt.
- She wants polar bears to cease to be listed as endangered. They don’t need rights. They’re just animals.
- She wants to deny any benefits to homosexual couples. They don’t need rights either. They’re just animals.
- She opposes abortion and stem cell research. Um… hello… stem cell research doesn’t have to come from fetii. They are separate issues, and stem cell research should not, not, not be linked to it… regardless of your views on abortion / reproductive rights. Wake up!
- Oy… http://www.ontheissues.org/Sarah_Palin.htm
Sarah Palin is not the alternative. Not. The. Alternative. And, as the old man’s V.P., there’s a good chance that she could be P. after the oldie has a heart attack after being egged on the way to inauguration. Not a good idea.
~Dan – np: a weird iPod playlist with Gnashing of Teeth‘s 2006 demos and Joss Whedon‘s Mr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long Blog Soundtrack