RECIPE: Creamy Avocado & Pepper Potato Salad
A perfect adaptation for a barbecue side-dish this Labor Day…
Creamy Avocado and
Pepper Potato Salad
Adapted from Isa Chandra Moskowitz’s Vegan Brunch
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1-2 peppers, diced (jalapeno, anaheim, etc)
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 Tbl lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 smallish cucumber, diced very small
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Scallions for garnish (optional)
- Put potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Cover pot, bring water to a boil. Lower the heat to a rolling boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, sauté or grill the peppers & onions over medium-high heat until browned.
- Once potatoes have cooled, prepare the dressing. Split the avocados in half, remove the seeds and scoop into food processor. Add the lime juice and salt and puree until smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed. Once smooth and creamy, add the tomato, peppers and onion. Pulse until they are incorporated but not completely blended. You should still be able to see the tomato and onion.
- Put the potatoes, peppers, and cucumbers in a large mixing bowl and mix them up. Add the dressing and mix well. Taste for salt and spice. Wrap tightly and chill until ready to use. Top with scallions, if desired.
Prep time: 15 minutes (active) / 1 hour (total)… serve soon!
This recipe is easy to make and it combines both guacamole and potato salad. Yum!
This is a mainly music-based blog. If you stumbled in on a recipe search, check out my other recipes at THIS LINK.