RECIPE: Blueberry Muffin Bread Pudding
A little belated, last month’s Veggie Supper Club in Eugene had the theme of “Animated Flavor.” We were to pick a cartoon and design a dish that represented it in some manner. I made a Chester the Cheetah Cheetos-crust Mushroom Quiche (recipe here), and something I’d call “Gargamel’s Wish” – as in… he finally caught the Smurfs. I used blueberries and one lone strawberry (aka “Papa Smurf“)…
Blueberry Muffin Bread Pudding
Makes 10-12 servings
- 10 blueberry muffins (your favorite recipe or box mix)
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 2 cups soy/rice/almond milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs or vegan egg replacer
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- optional: whipped cream and fresh berries
- Crumble ½ of the muffins into a buttered baking dish.
- Add 1 cup blueberries in a layer.
- Crumble remaining ½ of the muffins over the top.
- Beat together milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over crumbled muffins.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees until pudding puffs and forms a crust.
- Spoon warm pudding into individual serving dishes and top with whipped cream and fresh blueberries.
This is a mainly music-based blog. If you stumbled in on a recipe search, check out my other recipes at THIS LINK.