RECIPE: Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
A little belated, but for the Gonzalo Bergara Quartet house concert, there was a potluck element, and I brought…
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese containers
there are good vegan options, like Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small pie pumpkin (roasted) or 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, all-spice, nutmeg mixture)
- 1 graham cracker crust – prepared or homemade
- optional: whipped topping
Steps: prep time ~10 minutes, cook/cool time varies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese until soft. Add in sugar, and continue mixing.
- Add in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into prepared crust, and bake for 35-40 minutes until soft but still set in the center.
- Let cool for 1 hour, then refrigerate for 3+ hours.
Since the above recipe is fairly remedial ( but still delicious), if you want to “fancy” it up… here’s a great, more complicated recipe with a ginger-pecan crust and sugared pumpkin seeds! Hat-tip to Panda le Chef for passing on that fancier recipe (I’ll have to try it soon).
This is a mainly music-based blog. If you stumbled in on a recipe search, check out my other recipes at THIS LINK.