RECIPE: Jalapeño-Brie Poppers with Blueberry Dipping Sauce
For this month’s Eugene Veggie Supper Club…
Recipe below is for 8 peppers, but it’s easily scalable
- 8 medium sized jalapeño peppers
- 2 tubes of crescent rolls
- 1-8oz. wheel of brie or other soft cheese
- optional: blueberry dipping sauce (from this recipe)
Preheat oven to 375°
Steps: super easy
- Wash, halve & de-seed the jalapeño peppers.
- Cut brie wheel into 16 approximately half-ounce pieces.
- Open crescent roll packages.
- Place 1/2 oz. wedge of brie into jalapeño half and roll up in one crescent roll. Make sure to ensure cheese is fully covered, or you’ll have a higher risk of significant cheese leakage. Note: I made these with one whole jalapeño for each crescent roll, and it was too much to fit... they still turned out OK, but I think they’d be better with a half pepper per roll. Experiment with what you think works best.
- Place on baking pan (greased or lined with parchment paper) and bake for 16-20 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
If you’re vegan, you can also try it with commercially available vegan cheese, or try to make you own vegan brie. I haven’t tried this yet, but this vegan brie cheese recipe may work out for you. Also, you’ll want to find a suitable vegan crescent roll (Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls are vegan if you don’t get the “butter flake” variety).
This is a mainly music-based blog. If you stumbled in on a recipe search, check out my other recipes at THIS LINK.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
search this blog…
- Art (56)
- Food (74)
- Humor (98)
- Misc (24)
- Movies & Television (73)
- Music (1,131)
- News (19)
- Philosophy (7)
- Places (5)
- RECIPE: Vegan Biscuits & Gravy
- RECIPE: Chanterelle & Gruyere Quiche w/ Cheetos Crust
- RECIPE: Coconut Rum Grilled Pineapple
- Mike Patton's Mondo Cane vinyl (photos)
- REVIEW: Holy F*ck & Indian Jewelry @ Holocene (Portland, OR - 10/14/10)
- REVIEW: Over the Rhine @ the Triple Door (Seattle, WA - 11/17/12)
punches in the mouf?
- 588,053 visitors thus far
This blog and concert photos therein are licensed under a Creative Commons License. Available with Attribution for Non-Commercial, Non-Derivative Use.