New Incubus album (is done)
I like Incubus.
Sure, they started as a Mr Bungle wannabe band (Fungus Amongus), and morphed into a Faith No More wannabe band (SCIENCE / Make Yourself), and then morphed into a quite popular mainstream rock band (Morning View/etc), and then their last studio work was mainly instrumental (the CD companion to the Look Alive DVD). Brandon Boyd is a great vocalist (a la MB/FNM’s Mike Patton) plus he’s dreamy (yeah, he’s on my switch team), Mike Einziger is an interesting guitarist/composer (straddling rock and avant-garde), DJ Kilmore brings some flavorful turntablism to the mix, and the rest of the guys hold it down mighty fine… mighty fine, indeed.
This just got posted to their webpage…
The long awaited 6th studio album from Incubus is completed! True to the Incubus legacy, this record is nothing like its predecessor, but still maintains the quintessential Incubus vibe. Stay tuned for more updates from Enjoyincubus.com.
Woot. There are also plans for Pacific Rim touring in 2011, and U.S. tour this summer… per Brandon Boyd’s recent interview on Noisecreep, he believes that the new Incubus album will be out in August or September. No official release date has been announced.
Update 4/1 (not expected as an April Fool’s Day joke):
Incubus sent out an email on 4/1 with a link to a website (http://adolescents.enjoyincubus.com/). The website is merely a splash page with “Adolescents / If Not Now, When? 4/4 6pm PST” on it. Is Adolescents the name of the album? Something else? Check that page on 4/4/11 @ 6pm (PST) to find out…
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
search this blog…
- Art (56)
- Food (74)
- Humor (98)
- Misc (24)
- Movies & Television (73)
- Music (1,131)
- News (19)
- Philosophy (7)
- Places (5)
- RECIPE: Vegan Biscuits & Gravy
- REVIEW: John Zorn at 60 @ Walker Art Center & St. Mark's (Minneapolis, MN - 4/6/13)
- REVIEW: Puscifer @ Paramount Theatre (Seattle, WA - 11/7/11)
- Blue Moon Orange Sherbet Float
- REVIEW: Maynard James Keenan's PUSCIFER 2nd night @ Roseland (Portland, OR - 11/16/09)
- RECIPE: Chanterelle & Gruyere Quiche w/ Cheetos Crust
punches in the mouf?
- 588,938 visitors thus far
This blog and concert photos therein are licensed under a Creative Commons License. Available with Attribution for Non-Commercial, Non-Derivative Use.