Puscifer covers “Rocket Man” (plus A Perfect Circle news)
It’s always a good day when a new song from Maynard James Keenan arrives, whether through Tool, A Perfect Circle or his most shits-and-giggles collaborative project, Puscifer.
This time around it’s the latter headlining a song that should be familiar to us all – Elton John’s ode to orbital loneliness, “Rocket Man”…
Officially credited to Puscifer & Steven Drozd (Flaming Lips’ lead guitarist) and dubbed Rocket Mantastic, the cover is a beautiful rendition of the 1972 classic. While the song appeared on Puscifer setlists last year – including the Los Angeles Nokia show we attended – the recording is attached to Christopher Pomerenke’s cheap music documentary The Heart Is A Drum Machine, in which Keenan appears for roughly 15 seconds – staring at the camera and not saying a word. You’re certainly not missing out if you haven’t seen the film; it’s poorly made and difficult to sit through. What’s more – the song’s not even in the damn thing. But now you have it, here and autoplaying on Puscifer.com.
In more Maynard news, not only is Tool working on a new album, but [Antiquiet] recently got the scoop on new activity with A Perfect Circle as well. Songwriter Billy Howerdel and vocalist Maynard James Keenan are once again working together as A Perfect Circle, and new music from the beloved group is on the way.
The possibilities of a full album and tour are both still very much in the air. However, Howerdel told [Antiquiet] on the record that [A Perfect Circle are] working on “something” that should be out this year.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
search this blog…
- Art (56)
- Food (74)
- Humor (98)
- Misc (24)
- Movies & Television (73)
- Music (1,131)
- News (19)
- Philosophy (7)
- Places (5)
- RECIPE: Vegan Biscuits & Gravy
- Radiohead - The Universal Sigh (PDF)
- REVIEW: Over the Rhine @ the Triple Door (Seattle, WA - 11/17/12)
- Daniel Johns + Luke Steele = Hathaway / Palmer?
- Silverchair/Daniel Johns short film + free music from Owen Pallett
- REVIEW: Oregon Percussion Ensemble's FRANK ZAPPA Tribute @ UO's Beall Hall (Eugene, OR - - 3/7/09)
punches in the mouf?
- 586,839 visitors thus far
This blog and concert photos therein are licensed under a Creative Commons License. Available with Attribution for Non-Commercial, Non-Derivative Use.