RECIPE: Cute Olive Penguins
Cute Olive Penguins
I made these olive penguins (with my wife’s help) for this evening’s Vegetarian Supper Club in Eugene, OR, as a fun appetizer when people came in. Hopefully they’ll be a hit! They were really fun to make.
makes as many as desired
- medium black olives (the head)
- large black olives (the body)
- cream cheese or vegan cream cheese spread (for the stomach)
- narrow carrots, cut into small rounds (feet) with notch (for beak)
- Cut carrots approximately 1/8 inch (3mm) thick… this will become the feet and beaks (just shy of 1/4 of the carrot slice is beak-size).
- Cut large olives down one side (length-wise) and then fill with a small amount of cream cheese.
- Assemble penguins with a toothpick like shown in the picture at the top of the page.
- Get crazy and start a penguin war with extra toothpicks and ketchup for penguin blood.
- OK, step 4 may be optional. Your call…
This is a mainly music-based blog. If you stumbled in on a recipe search, check out my other recipes, like vegan biscuits & gravy, spiced biscotti, vegan cactus chili, vegan bananas foster, mushroom dumpling stew, strawberry cornbread muffins, fruit spring rolls, grilled coconut-rum pineapple, vegetarian s’mores pouches, pumpkin-infused vodka cocktail, and creamy vegan chocolate pudding at THIS LINK.