Home > Music News > Faith No More reforming?

Faith No More reforming?

28th Nov 08 (Fri) Leave a comment Go to comments

Update (2/24/09): Per Pitchfork and Tripwire, the band is set to reunite for some European dates in 2009.  The line-up will be their touring lineup from 1997: vocalist Mike Patton, keyboardist Roddy Bottum, bassist Billy Gould, drummer Mike Bordin, and guitarist Jon Hudson.  I’ll post dates when/if they come in.

OK, so I think I need to get my hands on a Kerrang magazine… their website has a blurb about a Faith No More reformation.  Mike Patton (their singer in the good era of FNM) talked about the possiblility of a future reunion in Jan 2008.  In other press since then, he didn’t rule it out, but he said it was unlikely.

OK, so anyone have this most recent Kerrang (with Metallica on the cover)?  Does it offer up anything more than speculation?  Or is the “reformation” something with Dio as the singer? :rolleyes:

~*~*~*~*~*~

11/29/08 Update (from Blabbermouth): According to U.K.’s Kerrang! magazine, industry insiders suggest that hugely infuential ’90s alt-metal band FAITH NO MORE is planning to return next year. Kerrang! understands that a number of U.K. venues have been placed on hold for shows from the band next spring, while U.K. festival appearances are rumored to follow in the summer. Founding bassist Bill Gould told Kerrang! “If anything like this were to happen, it would have to come from the band, and I haven’t spoken with any of them in over a year. So as far as I know, there isn’t anything to talk about, and I’m pretty sure that if you were to contact [Mike] Patton [vocals], he would tell you the same thing.” played down the speculation, telling

~Dan – np: WussyRigor Mortis -EP-

About these ads
  1. 28th Nov 08 (Fri) at 1:04 pm

Rumours seem to come from various sources now. Mr. Jan Smeets (organises the yearly PinkPop Festival in the Netherlands) mentioned in a radio show that a reunion of FNM is likely to happen.

2. 28th Nov 08 (Fri) at 2:40 pm

Cool… maybe FNM touring only… I could dig on that…

Patton’s Mondo Cane and Fantomas album in 2009 will keep me happy enough on the album front.

~Dan

3. Chris
    1st Dec 08 (Mon) at 5:56 pm

FNM reunion? That’d be sweet. I saw them at the EMU back in 1992. They were pretty cool live. Now, Patton was the second vocalist, wasn’t he? Or was there some schmuck after him? I kind of lost track of these guys after King for a Day came out (god I hope that was one of their albums… haha).

4. 1st Dec 08 (Mon) at 7:18 pm

Mike Patton was the 2nd vocalist who made it on a record. Chuck Mosely was their first and was fired after their debut. Before Chuck, Courtney Love was even their singer… weird, huh?

Mike Patton was the singer from 1989 (or so) until their demise in 1997 (or so). No schmuck after him… unless this “reformation” turns into anything without him.

Yep, King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime is an album of theirs. Panned by critics, but quite possibly my favorite of theirs. :)

~Dan

5. 7th Dec 08 (Sun) at 11:40 pm

Oh man, that would be awesome. I know Patton’s a genius and shit, but I really don’t “get” most of what he does, but god amighty those FNM albums kick all kinds of ass.

• 9th Dec 08 (Tue) at 4:00 pm

Most people don’t get what he does. I guess Faith No More (and Mr Bungle to a lesser extent) afforded him the opportunity to do the more avant-garde stuff. I still think FNM & MB are my faves of his bands, but I still love-love-love the crazy shit. Of course, tons of my stuff (like John Zorn’s less melodic stuff) can be described as sounding like a cat being strangled. :)

1. No trackbacks yet.